Swingle is a Colorado company. Since our founding in Colorado in 1947 by John Swingle, Swingle has committed itself to beautifying Colorado by supporting the charitable and nonprofit organizations that make our state so unique and enjoyable.
On an ongoing basis, Swingle:
- Supports the Denver Botanic Gardens Plant Sale and provides nationally-recognized Christmas lighting displays.
- Provides a Board Member and fundraising efforts for Families First, an organization dedicated to ending child abuse in Colorado.
- Sponsors Garden Tours and outdoor events in Denver, Fort Collins, Littleton, Parker, Loveland and Greeley.
- Funds the Swingle-Tolkacz Family Scholarship for undergraduate horticulture students and the Swingle – Sinnamon Scholarship for undergraduates working toward a degree in the College of Agricultural Sciences at Colorado State University.
- Participates actively in Colorado Bike to Work Day.
- Cycles to raise funds for Colorado’s urban forests in the annual Tour des Poudre.
- Underwrites Realities for Children, a Fort Collins charity helping abused and neglected children in Larimer County.
Swingle supports Colorado through membership in green industry organizations, including:
- Colorado Association of Lawn Care Professionals. Mr. Tolkacz and Gibson have each served as President of this esteemed organization, which provides education and services to the general public and serves as liaison between regulatory groups and the industry. For CALCP’s Annual Day of Service, Swingle maintains and beautifies a historical outdoor Colorado landmark.
- Associated Landscape Contractors of Colorado. Swingle Owner & CEO Tom Tolkacz is a Bob Cannon (lifetime achievement) award winner for this prestigious organization, which provides useful information to homeowners, property managers, urban/suburban dwellers, rural landowners and passionate gardeners statewide.
- Professional Landcare Network (PLANET). PLANET has recognized Swingle Owner & CEO Tom Tolkacz and President John Gibson with Lifetime Achievement Awards.
- Tree Care Industry of America. Each year, Swingle participates in TCIA’s Legislative Day on the Hill, raising awareness of the lawn, tree and landscape care opportunities and challenges facing homeowners and businesses in Colorado’s unique climate.
Historical highlights of Swingle's community involvement include:
Supporting GreenCare for Troops, an initiative providing lawn, tree and landscape care for households whose main breadwinner is serving our country in active military duty away from home.
Planting trees with students at St. Mary’s Academy in Greenwood Village; American Academy in Castle Rock and West Ridge Elementary in Thornton.
Raising $8400 for Denver’s urban forests with our Trees for Threes program with the Denver Nuggets.
Donating lawn care services to the Denver Children’s Museum.
Read our Supporting our Community articles to see the latest examples of Swingle helping Denver, Fort Collins and Colorado Front Range communities.
© Copyright 2014 Swingle, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Site by:Fireant Studio