WEATHER ALERTHelping your lawn during water restrictions
Initial detection of Emerald Ash Borer in ash trees is difficult. Emerald Ash Borer Symptoms Include:
1. Canopy dieback beginning at the top of the tree progressing downward until the tree is bare.
2. In later stages of infestations, ash trees may form sprouts from the trunk and roots.
3. Bark can split, exposing “S”-shaped galleries underneath.
4. Although difficult to see, the adult beetles leave a “D”-shaped exit hole in the bark, roughly 1/8 inch in diameter, when they emerge.
5. Woodpecker activity and damage increases where they are trying to get to the larvae in the tree.
Treat Your Ash Tree Now – It may take up to five years for the canopy of an infested ash to thin and decline. Since borers infest the upper branches of the tree, the “D” – shaped holes cannot be seen from the ground until the tree is severely infested. If your ash tree is showing any signs of EAB, the Denver tree service experts at Swingle can help!
If you would like to learn more about emerald ash borer treatment options to protect your ash trees click here.